It’s time again for me to start planning a trip to Key West. I’ve been several times and it is one of my favorite places! The weather is fantastic and it is full of fun places to go and things to do. Here are some ideas to make planning a trip to Key West easier:
#1 – Find your best airfare
I only fly Southwest Airlines and since they bought AirTran they fly all the way into Key West. But you, of course, should search out all the airlines to get your best deal.
#2 – Pick a place to stay
Location is important for vacation and it’s true in Key West as well. There are many places to stay near all of the action on Duval Street. Key West is only 2 miles by 4 miles so any place you might pick to stay will more than likely be close by.
My favorites are the three Hilton properties there. Casa Marina and the Reach are both Waldorf Astoria’s and are within walking distance of Duval Street. There is also a Doubletree near the airport that is very nice, but slightly less expensive. Even though it is a bit farther from downtown, the hotel has a shuttle that runs all day and late into the night that makes staying there almost as convenient.
#3 – Eat at some fun places
– Blue Heaven is located at 729 Thomas St. and is a great stop for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
– Sloppy Joe’s is a former hangout of Hemingway and often has live music. It has a great location at 201 Duval St.
– The Southernmost Beach Cafe has a great Happy Hour during the week and a great view at 1405 Duval St.
– Margaritaville always has great music and videos playing and is right in the middle of the action at 500 Duval St.
– The Hog’s Breath is fun and serves my very favorite pub chips at 400 Front Street.
#4 – Plan some things to do
– Enjoy Smather’s Beach
– Rent a scooter
– Go parasailing
– Take a jet ski tour
– Visit Hemingway’s home
– Enjoy the sunset at Sunset Pier
I’ve had so many fun times in Key West (including a surprise birthday trip my husband planned with friends). I can’t wait to go back!
What is your favorite place that I should try out?